No doubt the Remote play feature is one of the most easiest and straightforward methods to play PS5 games on laptops. But the problem that most people confront is the internet issue, especially in Asian countries, where the internet speed could hardly reach 20Mb/s.
Therefore, if you want to play PS5 games on the laptop without remote play. You can still do that. You can still connect the PS5 to the laptop with the remote play feature.
Firstly, if you live in a region, where the internet uploading speed could reach 15mb/s, the remote play feature is the easiest method to contact PS5 to laptop, however, if the internet speed is the problem, no worries!
There are still techniques to connect PS4, or PS5 to a laptop with remote play, which we’ve shown below in detail.
The method, that we’re going to use to connect and play PS5 games on a laptop is through a video capture card. These cards are especially for gamers who want to play Xbox, and PS5 games on other devices such as tablets, PC, or laptops.
This might seem a bit complicated and messed up! but if you want to connect PS5 to a laptop without remote play, the video card is the only option available!
Anyways, without taking much time, let’s get straight on to the process, But before that!
Things you need to play PS4 games on a laptop without remote play:
Before, starting the process, you need the following things ready to play PS5 games on a laptop without remote play.
- A capture card, is the primary requirement here.
- An HDMI cable, will be used for the connection.
- A USB-C to USB-A cable.
By getting these things ready, you can start to connect PS5 to the laptop without remote play.
How to connect PS5 to a laptop without remote play?
Once you manage the cables and video capture card, the rest process is quite easy and quick.
- First of all, download and install the game capture application from the official website of Elgato. Remember that every capture card has individual software. Check the capture card you bought and install the software for that particular capture card.
- Now, take the HDMI cable, connect the HDMI out port to the PS4 or PS5, and connect the other HDMI In port of the cable to the input port of the video capture card.
- Next, take the USB-C to USB-A cable. Connect the USB-C end of the cable to the output port of the capture card, and then connect the remaining USB-A end of the cable to your laptop, or any other device, which you want to use as a monitor.
- Steps 2, and 3 are the most important steps. If you execute the process as we mentioned. You can move on to the next final step.
- Now, check if the connections are working fine and if the PS5, capture card, and laptop are connected to each other.
- Start the laptop, and run the video capture card, which you installed earlier.
And it’s done!
You can now play PS5 games on your laptop. However, if you’re connecting the PS5 to the laptop, you may need to configure some settings.
Check out the settings, if your laptop is showing any sort of error, or it’s difficult for your to configure the settings, do tell us in the comment section. We would be delighted to help you out. And afterward, if others face any sort of unexpected problem, they will also get their solution from the comment section.
Should you connect PS5 to the laptop through a capture card?
Well, a capture card should be the last option for those, who don’t have reach to fast internet connection like African, and Asian countries. If you live in Europe or the United States, or in a region, where internet speed isn’t the issue.
The remote play feature is the most convenient way to play PS5 games on laptops and other devices.
- Laptops with the best cooling system.
- 8 best laptops for web developers under $1000.
- 8 best laptops for graphic designing under $1000.
- How to share docking stations between two laptops?
This is how you can connect PS5 to a laptop without remote play. The complete process is pretty easy, and quick. However, you’ll need to buy some additional tools for this.
If you’re fond of gaming just like me, that is not an issue, if these kinds of tools can resolve our problems, we can buy them in the earliest moment. But gaming should not stop!