Media access control or simply Mac address is a twelve-letter identification number, which is available on every laptop. In this article, we’re going to show how you can find the Mac address on a Dell laptop in Bios.
You might be changing the settings or doing some customizations from Bios and you need to find out the way to check the Mac address from there.
Or like on a forum a person asked if he wanted to install Linux with a tool on his Dell laptop. But he was having problems finding the mac address in Bios.
If you’ve any of the same problems. Then you can find the answer to your questions here. Actually, I check out the rest of the guides. But unfortunately, those don’t specifically answer the question that how you can find the Mac address in Bios on a dell laptop or any other laptop.
Therefore, I personally researched about it and got a method to check the Mac address from the Bios Settings directly where you want to change settings or install any other operating system, etc on your system.
But before that, let’s check. What exactly the Mac Address is?
What is a Mac address?
According to Wikipedia, a Mac address is a unique identification number, which is assigned to a NIC for use in network communication. This is usually a twelve letters unique number for every device.
The Media Access Control is usually assigned primarily by the system manufacturers to the systems within the open system interconnection network model. So that each device is identified uniquely without mixing things with it.
In short, this is one of the primary things you get with your device. And you can access it anywhere any time.
How to find the mac address from Bios in Dell laptop:
You should know that the mac address isn’t concerned with the laptops or computers only. Almost every digital device has its own mac address including Smart Phones, gaming consoles, etc.
Moreover, you might get a different technique to find the Mac address on different devices. In this guide, we’ll try to show you how you can find the Mac addresses on some of the usual devices, particularly on Dell laptops.
But if you want to check the Mac on gaming consoles, then you can check the settings of the console. You can easily get the Mac address from there.
And this particular guide is about finding the mac address in Bios from a Dell laptop.
- First of all, if you’re not in Bios Settings, you can restart the laptop and press continue pressing f10, this will take you to the interface of Bios.
- Next, it might take some more time to show the interface of the Bios Settings. So just wait for the screen to load. Once the interface shows up. You should know that the settings now work with the buttons of the keyboard, not a mouse.
- In the list of options, you should get an option named “System Information”. Click enter to open this option area.
- Afterward, you’ll get some basic info about your device. If Mac address is available here. So that’s done. If not, you should get another option “Show advance system information”. Click Enter on this option.
- Now, here you get a long list of information regarding your system. Usually, the Mac address is written in the last. So scroll down to the last of the list.
- And there you’ll get an option like “Mac Address”, or “Land Media access control”.
And done! this is the mac address of your system. You can copy this address and can use it anywhere you want. Moreover, if you’ve doubts about the address.
Check whether the numbers are a group of two hexadecimal digits, separated by hyphens, colons, or without a separator. And if yes, then exactly this is the mac address.
and this is how you can find the mac address on the Dell laptop from the Bios.
Well, this was particularly for those people who want to get the Mac address from Bios. Except for bios, there are several other ways to get this address.
let’s show you how you can check the mac address on laptop settings and on smartphones.
How to get the Mac address from the laptop’s settings:
This is pretty easy, and if you use Windows 10, so that’s only three steps work.
- Go to the settings.
- Then click on Network and Internet option.
- Thirdly from the wifi option on the sidebar choose Wifi, and click on “Hardware Properties”.
And done, you’ll get info about your Windows 10 laptop including the Mac address. Just within some seconds. And this method requires only Windows 10, the manufacture of the laptop doesn’t matter here.
How to get a Mac address on Smart Phone:
As I already said that Mac address isn’t only for computers or laptops, it’s for mobile phones too. It is pretty easy to find the Mac address from your phone.
- Go to the settings area.
- From here scroll down to the “About Phone” option. Enter this setting.
- Then if you get the address here. You’re good to go. If not, click on “All Specs”.
- In this list, you should get the Mac address in some mobile operating systems like XOS.
- If not, last you should have an option named “Status”. Click on that.
- And finally, here you’ll get the mac address along with other info about your smartphone including the IP address, etc.
Or you know what you can do. Just search for the Mac address from the settings home page. You’ll be taken to the Mac address option automatically without any hassle.
Well, you were having a problem finding the Mac address from Bios on Dell, We showed you the step-by-step process on how you can find that.
Moreover, also showed you the easier way to do that through the settings area on mobile phones and laptops.
Apart from these headings, if you’re struggling to find the Mac address from anywhere else, or you want to find the address through any other technique but can’t find that. Feel free to reach out to us.
We will be more than happy to help you with that!