The New Xbox series X is one of the most advanced gaming consoles. If you buy an Xbox, you will certainly think of a big HD LCD TV to enjoy gaming. But many people aren’t in that situation, just as I. When I first bought it by Xbox, I didn’t have extra money to buy a big-screen TV. So, I decided to use my laptop as a monitor for the Xbox.
So, if you’re in the same situation, that you’ve spent all your money to buy the new Xbox Series X, and don’t money enough money to afford a TV for now. You have an option, you can play the Xbox on your laptop.
the process of connecting the laptop with the Xbox series X, and using that as a monitor for the Xbox isn’t a big deal. You can do that just in a few steps, which we’re going to get you through below.
But before that, most people think that you can’t use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox series X. firstly, we need to clarify this, whether we could connect the laptop with the Xbox and use it as a monitor or not. And then, we’ll go to the detail, that how could we use laptops as Monitor for Xbox 360 and other models.
Could you use the laptop as a monitor for Xbox Series X?
The short and sweet answer is “Yes”. You can use your laptop as a monitor for Xbox consoles. There are two techniques that you can use to connect your laptop with the Xbox. Firstly, you can connect the laptop to Xbox series X using an HDMI cable.
And as a second method, you can wirelessly connect both the devices together and enjoy your Xbox games on the laptop.
Below, we’ve guided our readers through both methods, and also provided experts’ thoughts on that.
Moreover, those, who are concerned regarding the output port of their laptops. There is a solution to it, which we’re discussed below.
So, those who thought, that it might not be possible to connect the laptop with the Xbox, should have clarified their minds.
How to use laptop as Monitor for Xbox 360:
As we earlier clarified that are two methods that help us to use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox Series X. The first method that we’re going to show is the HDMI cable method and the second method will be the wireless connection method, which we usually don’t recommend.
Connect laptop to Xbox Series X using HDMI cable:
In the first method to connect the laptop with the Xbox consoles and use them as Monitors, you need two additional tools for this. Firstly obviously is the HDMI cable, and the second tool is the Capture card.
Capture cards are primarily used to connect two devices and transfer Analog video signals from Cameras etc laptops and other visual media after changing those signals into digital video.
Moreover, capture cards are also used to connect PS5 to a laptop for the same purpose that we’re going to use today.
In this tutorial as well we’re going to use the Capture card to convert the signals and force the HDMI output port to work as an input port. And hence the problem of HDMI output port resolves.
- Take the HDMI cable, and connect the output end with the Xbox console, and the Input port to the capture card. During this process, the Xbox and the laptop should be turned off.
- Then connect the capture card with the laptop. It depends what sort of capture card you use. Some capture cards come with one port and one tip, and some capture cards come with dual ports, and you need two HDMI cables to connect Xbox to capture card and second HDMI cable to connect the capture card to the laptop. Once you establish a connection between the Xbox and laptop. You can move on to the next step.
- Turn on the Xbox Series X, Capture card and then the laptop.
- Wait until the systems turn on, and identifiy the signels.
- In most cases, you will get a signel on your laptop screen that a device has been connect to the laptop.
- Go to the Xbox dashboeard, and configure the basic settings.
After you set up the basic settings of the Xbox. You’re good to go and can enjoy the Xbox games on your laptop without any problem.
Setting up the Xbox dashboard is very important. We don’t mention those settings here. Because those aren’t much difficult and secondly each Xbox console could have different settings.
Connect laptop to xbox 360 using Xbox app:
This method doesn’t require any sort of cable or device for the connection of the laptop with the Xbox, but you need a very important thing, that is an Internet connection. You need a fast internet connection to be able to use the laptop as a monitor for Xbox Series S, and play games without lagging and further problems.
Moreover, you need to install two software on your laptop, which are available online for free. These two software are the Xbox App, and the Direct X software. if you use a Windows laptop, then these two programs are available on the Microsoft Store for free.
- First of all install these software on your laptop and turn them on.
- Start the app by click on that.
- Go to the settings area, and then go to connection. Bear in mind that the Xbox should be turnned on at this stage, and the wireless option should be anabled.
- Once the connection successfully establishes between the devices, you can choose the stream option.
Afterward, the screen of the laptop should start displaying the games and audio should get enabled.
Moreover, if you confront any sort of problem even after following the A to Z process mentioned in this guide. Feel free to ask us for help through the comment section.
- How to connect AirPods to Lenovo laptops?
- Why ThinkPads are popular among business owners?
- How to connect smartphone to laptop using Whatsapp?
- 8 best laptops for webcam modeling.
We hope you understood the entire process that how you can use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox 360 gaming consoles. The process is quite easy. But you need two extra things for this process. Please note that depending upon the Xbox consoles you might face a bit different setup. But overall the process is similar to our tutorial.
Moreover, if you’ve additional queries regarding laptops and gaming consoles, feel free to ask us in the comment section.